RE: Codes

At present, California has a Democratic governor, two Democratic senators,
and a large Democratic majority in both houses of the legislature.  All of
these Democrats are well-funded with union money.  The members of the
California Building Standards Commission made the decision were appointed
by the governor.  To those who follow California politics, it is not a
suprise that (National Fire Protection Association) NFPA 5000 was selected.

Rick Drake, SE

*********

                      "Schwan, Martin K."
                      <SchwanMK@ci.anchor      To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                      age.ak.us>
                      07/31/03 09:34 AM        cc:
                      Please respond to
                      seaint                   Subject:  RE: Codes

Is it not true that the Governor's (of California) own review committee
recommended the IBC early last year but he choose not to accept their
recommendation?  You should have seen the code adoption process up here in
Alaska...it seemed like everyone wanted to adopt the I-family of codes
except for the plumbers, who wanted to keep the UBC.  And it barely passed.