Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:57 AM
Subject: RE: Reinforcing High Basement Walls

I have used 3" HSS posts inside the foundation wall, at a spacing determined
by the horizontal span capacity of the wall.

The bottom ends were bolted to the floor, and the tops extended to just
below the underside of the floor sheathing, using blocking, etc, to hold the
tops in place and transfer the top reactions into the floor system.

To ensure preloading of the posts steel shims were driven between the posts
and the wall, and tacked in place.

Peter James