From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmse(--nospam--at)comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:12 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Pancake Breakfasts - Boy I'm hungry

I just don’t think it’s appropriate to grease politicians palms to try and get work. That’s my personal opinion only and perhaps just me burying my head in the sand as to how things really work. Doesn’t mean I should participate in something I find wrong.

This is the wrong avenue to raise awareness of our role & contribution to society. It is not a republican-democrat thing either. As professionals, we should be above this, especially when acting as an agent of your employer. As a private individual, go ahead and try to elect whoever you want.

Wasn’t trying to set anyone straight, just pointing out the true absurdity of such an event – it’s just a big “lets just kiss each others ass” session and get our guy in.

I’m wondering if Stan’s next recipient of a maple syrup “donation” favors the IBC or NFPA code???

-gerard

Santa Clara, CA