From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 6:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Pancake Breakfasts - Boy I'm hungry

To all:

May I suggest that we drop this topic, as I find the inferences
contained
within it to be rather "low".  While it may be me being overly
sensative,
but I find the inferred implications that Stan participates in
fund-raising activities solely in order to get his company more jobs,
etc
to be rather disgusting (and maybe I am missing the point of some
people's
intent in their posts...if so, please forgive me...but my percieved
direction of this thread bothers me).  While I might disagree with Stan
on
many issues (and not just political issues), I have yet to see any
evidence that Stan is anything less than honorable or ethical.

And to those that don't really like "Pancake breakfasts" (i.e. think
that
they are wrong), then I suggest that you NEVER attend an ASCE or SEA
(SEAOC or what ever your local SEA organization is) dinner meeting
again.
Heaven forbid that you attend one of these dinner meetings of people who
share some sort of "like mind" with you and "network" with someone who
might be in a position somewhere in the future to toss some business
your
way.

Again, I apologize in advance if it appears that I putting words into
some
people's mouths that they did not intend, but I thought that a thread
that
at least in a very indirect way appears to be a (unwarranted) personal
attack on an individual should stop.

BTW, both "sides" of the political spectrum should be used to a small
minority that controls things deciding public policy against the
overwhelming wishes of the "masses".  Recent examples would seem to be a
Democratic minority (that some would imply are in the "pockets" of
unions) that controls the code adoption process adopting the NFPA over
the
overwhelming desire by many for the IBC and the Republican minority
(that
some would imply are in the "pockets" of big media business) that
controls
the FCC in adopting looser media consolidation limits against an
overwhelming public opposition to looser limits.

Sincerely,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI