From: Jan Harris [mailto:jan(--nospam--at)libertyeng.net]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 5:39 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: My Own Shame

My apologies to all and especially to Stan Caldwell for last night's
post by
one my employees to this list.  While I know it was meant to be
humorous, I
am embarrassed.  I've worked hard over the last eight years to establish
and
grow this firm.  I've sunk a lot of real money and real effort into it
and
have always strived to maintain a high level of professionalism.  This
is
not the way I wanted to make a name for it.

The SEAINT List is a great resource where many truly knowledgeable
people
contribute and educate.  My own opinion is there's no room for trash,
potshots or anything that can be even perceived as offensive.  Stan
shared a
marketing technique months ago and for some reason has paid for it
several
times.  Our local NSPE branch invites local council members, state and
federal legislators to dinner every year and for a couple of years I
called
firms for donations to cover the cost of the elected officials's
dinners.
One firm president told me something like "$30 a head?; I'll take three,
they don't come cheaper anywhere else!"

Again my apologies to all.

Jan Harris
Liberty Engineering, PC