What's the difference between a fire wal

A fire wall has to remain standing after the structure on either side is
destroyed.

All party walls are *NOT* fire walls.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Clifford Schwinger wrote:

. > Could someone please explain to me the difference
. > between a party wall and a fire wall?

. > I know that all party walls are fire walls but not all
. > fire walls are party walls. I get lost after that.

TIA,

Cliff