RE: This is a test

Greg:

Unfortunately, spammers can easily make use of the list whether they are
members or not.  Many spammers get email addresses by "trolling" (sp?) the
web for email addresses.  And since the list archives are publically
available (try doing a Google search for your email address...a bunch of
the hits will be SEAINT posts from the archives), they can easily snatch
up email address of anyone who posts to the list.  As a result, I get TONS
more spam on this email address than any of my other ones, including my
"junk" email address (the one that I use for any websites that I order
from, etc).

OTOH, spam has not been the problem over that last couple of days...the
real problem for me has been the Sobig virus.  I have probably gotten
at least 600 virus emails in the last two days.  (At least two more
arrived while I wrote this post)

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI