Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Beam x girder

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Here are a few terms from hundreds of years ago that
structural engineers still use today: Corbel, Plinth
(used rarely today), Capital


> Architectural engineering is endowed with many terms
> whose meanings were probably a lot more specific a
> few
> hundred years ago than they are now.  If anyone has
> other examples, I'd be interested.  

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********