Large Scale Engineering Projects....Discovery Channel

Michael Cochran S.E., wrote:

"I recieved a phone call today from the Discovery
Channel.  They are looking for large scale Engineering
projects from around the world that are under
construction or just recently completed to do a TV
series on which would air after the first of the year.

The subjects would include any major structural/civil
engineering feats (Buildings, Dams, Bridges, Ports,
Industrial facilities, Canals, Waterways, etc.), but
they seem to want very large scale projects so does
anyone have any ideas that I might forward on to the
Discovery Channel."

There's a large project on the Nile River.  I honestly
don't know much about it, but Dr. Wafeek Wahby does.
He can be reached at Eastern Illinois University.  He
is, by the way, a fascinating man to listen to.

Also, National Geographic published, several years
ago, an excellent book called The Builders.  This is
filled with exactly the sort of projects you're asking
about, although not recently completed.

As long as we're broadening the rules, I've always
thought that the Hell Gate bridge, with its
extraordinary arch foundation, would make for a great
documentary.

By the way, do these guys call you often?

Mike Hemstad, P.E.
TKDA
St. Paul, Minnesota