Live Load Reduction & Partitions

I usually include partition loading in my summation of dead loads.  I
notice the IBC has partition loading under live loads.  I assume it has
always been that way and I never noticed.  Because partitions are a live
load I see no reason for not including them in the live lad reduction
formulas.  I never did that in the past.  Is that common among most
engineers to include partition loading in the live load reduction.
Partition loading is 20 psf which is a large amount if wood studs or
metal wall framing is used.  It is not unreasonable I guess if masonry
partitions are used.

Thanks.

Rich

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!