From: utej(--nospam--at)comcast.net
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Lag Screw, Screw, & Nail Multiple Shear Connections

I actually meant to state 11.3.8 in lieu of 11.6 in my original post.  The 1997
NDS does not seem to address multiple shear connections for lags, screws, or
nails; however, the 2001 does seem to in section 11.3.8 (no exclusions
listed).  My question is that does the methodology to calculate the capacity of
a fastener used for a connection with multiple members apply to lags, screws,
or nails as well as bolts?
> In the 2001 NDS, section 11.3.8 deals with multiple shear connections, while
> section 11.6 deals with multiple fastener connections.
>
> Does this address your question?
>
> Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.