Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Lag Screw, Screw, & Nail Multiple Shear Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT Listserver (seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Lag Screw, Screw, & Nail Multiple Shear Connections
- From: AWC Info <AWCINFO(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:12:26 -0400
Title: Re: Lag Screw, Screw, & Nail Multiple Shear Connections
Yes. 2001 NDS 11.3.8 is intended to apply to all dowel-type fasteners.
Subject: Re: Lag Screw, Screw, & Nail Multiple Shear Connections
I actually meant to state 11.3.8 in lieu of 11.6 in my original post. The 1997
NDS does not seem to address multiple shear connections for lags, screws, or
nails; however, the 2001 does seem to in section 11.3.8 (no exclusions
listed). My question is that does the methodology to calculate the capacity of
a fastener used for a connection with multiple members apply to lags, screws,
or nails as well as bolts?
> In the 2001 NDS, section 11.3.8 deals with multiple shear connections, while
> section 11.6 deals with multiple fastener connections.
> Does this address your question?
John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction. Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research, and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and traditional wood products.
The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Lag Screw, Screw, & Nail Multiple Shear Connections
- Next by Subject: RE: Large block of concrete
- Previous by thread: Re: Lag Screw, Screw, & Nail Multiple Shear Connections
- Next by thread: Wave Action - Shallow Water