Re: Field Fixes

Michel,
It seems to me you deal with some ugly contractors.
Field weld should not be a problem. If it was shear
tab or double angle connection, just be sure the beam
web will be grinded. If it was end plate - replace by
double clip angle. Weld should be able to carry the
same load as original connection.
A word about shear tab. For connection not to be to
rigid, horizontal welds should be limited.
HTH

John W. Sieszycki, P.E.