Re: Field Fixes

A common field fix problem has to do when the bolt holes in a shear tab
connection does not align.

Typically the Contractor requests to weld the shear tab to the beam web.
The shear tab connection accomodates beam rotation by deformation at the
bolt holes.  Thus  welding the shear tab to the beam creates a fixed
connection which will often overstress the connection.  When this is the
situation I will require some other type of repair.

Mark Gilligan