Advance Degrees and Structural Engineering

I agree with Dennis Wish on the necessity of educating people,
primarily, of U.S. for the structural engineering and other
similar jobs rather than using cheap foreign brains and
skills. However, I am skeptical about a possibility of any
dramatic improvement in this direction unless the following
improvements in the upper branches of government take place:

Any aspirant for the U.S. presidency or for a gubernatorial
position in states like California should:

1. Pass an IQ test.
2. Be licensed (like, e.g., CE or SE) for the aspired
position.

Period,

Valentin Shustov