Re: Seminars

Gail Kelley asked:

. > I would be interested in feedback from others on seminars in general.  I
. > am looking at doing seminars on post-tensioning next spring as one of a
. > team.

. > Some questions on preferences:

. > -  half day vs. 3/4 day vs. full day vs. 2 days?

      A half day to a full day.

. > - weekend vs. weekday?

      Weekend!  This permits junior engineers the opportunity to participate
      without taking time off from work or an employer limiting the number of
      employees that can be absent in a day.

. > - what is a reasonable cost for a full day seminar with handouts?

      < $100

. > - does anyone get there in time for the continental breakfast?

      Yes, even if you have to drive 120 miles!  Particularly if you are an
      OF, and registration begins before the continental breakfast so that
      you can get a seat up front in order see and hear the presentation.

. > Any other thoughts  welcome.

      Seminar location should be clearly described.  "Humble-Inn In The
      Foothills" can mean nothing to an out of towner who has to maneuver on
      25 streets after getting off the main highway.

Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona