RE: Seminars

Often I find that seminars I want to attend are out of town - indeed several
hours away. There are many potential "costs" associated with attending such
seminars:

The cost of the seminar
The cost of travel
The cost of accomodation (sometimes required even for one-day seminars)
The time for the seminar (lost revenue can easily exceed the seminar cost)
The time for the travel (which might also lose revenue)
The time away from one's family if the location requires an overnight stay

If out-of-town attendees are part of the target audience, a later start
would reduce the need for an overnight stay.

To minimize some of the add-on costs/time, seminars could be held adjacent
to a weekend, or overlapping into a weekend.

If the seminar is in/near a place that is a destination of interest to other
family members, there's also an opportunity for a weekend break at marginal
extra cost - so the total cost to the company might be reduced.

Peter James