Re: Wood Screws

Nels,

I coincidentally downloaded a .pdf chart from WOOD Magazine -
www.woodmagazine.com <http://www.woodmagazine.com>  providing pilot hole
sizes for screws.  Note that modern "production" screws, which most
contractors use, have the same diameter shank in the unthreaded portion
as threaded.

W. Fuller  http://www.wlfuller.com <http://www.wlfuller.com>
manufactures tapered bits - their website has an email address
<mailto:info(--nospam--at)wlfuller.com> info(--nospam--at)wlfuller.com where maybe you can ask the
tapered question.

Ed Tornberg, PE
Blazer Industries, Inc.

Aumsville, OR