RE: English is tough

Our job depends on our ability to communicate.  If you can't speak or
write English properly, your work suffers just as it would if you
couldn't sketch a design or read someone else's calculations.  Sadly,
my own command of the language has slipped after being out of school
for 42 years.

One of my first bosses was a Dutch immigrant who couldn't speak
English when he first moved to Canada, but he made it a point to
master it as much as possible.  He was an effective communicator in
both languages and often corrected my own mistakes.  This company
also ran a 1 week seminar (1 hour per day) on technical writing and
communication.  This greatly enhanced company efficiency.

Gary Hodgson, P.Eng.
Niagara Falls, ON