EIT, PE, SE exams

Hello,
I am a civil engineer from India, 2 years experience in working for a structural Engineering firms. I am completely unaware as to how to get started here.
Do I have to give the EIT exam?
How soon can I start working? Can I get to do voluntary work in South California?
I will be really gratified if I can get some help on this.
Thanks a lot,
Nidhi.

Do you Yahoo!?