RE: Lubricating Wood screws (Re-Post)

Now that we've decided that [Ivory] bar soap is acceptable to lubricate
screws, can someone list what *should NOT* be used?

(It is a shame that Proctor & Gamble has stopped making the large double bar
Ivory soap that was ideal for lubricating large [lag] screws.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona