Re: Lubricating Wood screws (Re-Post)

And this would further reinforce the idea of only using Ivory not just any
soap because somewhere from the deep recesses of my memory I seem to
recall that Ivory is different than other "soaps".

I did a little searching on the web and my recollection is true.  Ivory is
"true" soap while many other bar soaps are really detergents.  Now, what I
could not find (I only briefly looked) was any reference to whether both
soap and detergents would have a negative effect on something like a screw
or if soap was indeed better.  But, THERE is a difference.

And if nothing else, I did find a very entertaining story during my search
about some poor guy who was a guest at a hotel and his issues with the
free soap.  So if you want a nice little break from engineering stuff,
take a little detour to:

http://www.soho-ny.com/michael/humor/soap.html

Regards,

Scott