Piping and seismic bracing

Does anyone know if I can use SMACNA for piping supports under the 2000 IBC?
For the time being, I am only worried about water lines.  Section
1621.3.10.2 seams to indicate that ASME B31.9 (Building Services Piping) is
required.  I am trying to interpret the paragraph above and determine if I
need to use the ASME document or if SMACNA is okay.  I know SMACNA is not
directly listed, but if I can simply calculate forces, then I can apply
SMACNA.  Also, I don't have the ASME document to know how relevant it might
to seismic or if it contains provisions beyond those found in the IBC.  I am
going to order the AMSE document. But as usual, quick answers are required.

Any guidance would be appreciated,

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT