RE: ASTM A6 WF Flange Dimension Tolerances

>Could any of you please point me to the source for flange
>thickness tolerances for rolled WF shapes?  I can't seem to
>find it in A6, nor can I find a weight tolerance from which a
>tolerance on flange thickness could be back-calculated.

In ASTM A6/A6M, Section 12.3.3 limits cross-sectional variation (by area or weight, which are essentially equivalent in effect) to 2.5 percent. There is no individual flange thickness tolerance. Producers generally aim for the flange to be within that 2.5 percent as well. But the intricacies of shape production do not always comply and some larger variation in individual elements of the cross-section occassionally have been found.

Charlie