From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 3:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Article from the Chicago Sun-Times

It should not be the building code's position, nor should it be the
structural engineer's position, whether or not it is economical to provide
safety in a structure.  It should be our position to provide safety
economically.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Scott Maxwell wrote:

. > Money.  Money.  And more money.  It makes the world go around.

. > Both sides want the requirements so that it is THEIR product that must
be
. > used, which means they make more money.

. > And in case you propose that the requirements could require both, keep
in
. > mind that such a proposal usually brings in a third party (i.e. building
. > owners) that will complain that they are being required to spend more
. > money.

. > Thus, money.  Money.  Money.

. > Regards,

. > Scott