H and J joists

Does anyone have any information on the time period for the transition
of H joists to J joists.  looking at the SJI 50-Year Steel Joist Digest
and conversations with a local distributor on joists leads me to believe
that H and J joists were built concurrently until 1978 when they were
superseded by K joists.  The project is in Anchorage, Alaska and I am
trying to determine the live load capacity of the mezzanine for the
building done in the early 1970's.  There are joists tags but the
manufacturer (Vulcraft) could not find information in their files.