Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Dynamic Analysis of RCC Building[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Dynamic Analysis of RCC Building
- From: "Prof. A R Chandrasekaran" <for_prof_arc(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:26:46 -0400
I am interested in knowing the practices in modelling of properties of elements for dynamic analysis to evaluate the natural frequencies of vibration.
Let the RCC building be idealised by 3D finite beam elements having 6 dof per node. Also, assume static modulus of elasticity of concrete and gross section of concrete ignoring reinforcement.
Please let me know whether reduction factors are used to obtain effective "EI", "EA", "GJ".
If so, what are the reduction factors ?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Dry Lumber
- Next by Subject: earlier post clarification- replacement engineer
- Previous by thread: Re: Site Classification per IBC 2000
- Next by thread: SFRC - rust problems?