SFRC - rust problems?

I have a nervous contractor and Architect who are both concerned with
possible corrosion of steel fibers. I have told them both that there
shouldn't be a problem as long as the slab is finished properly so that the
fibers are down into the paste.

The application is a slab on grade, lightly loaded, fiber dosage at 20lb/yd
to control cracking. The slab will not be receiving any floor finishes i.e
carpet, tile....

Has anyone experienced objectionable surface corrosion in sfrc slabs? I
have not heard of any problems on our other projects, however the slabs are
always covered by carpet, tile....

Charlie Raabe PE
URS Corp.