Highway Sign Column Embedment

I'm working on a project with several multi-column highway signs.  The columns (W6's, W8', or 8" pipe) are directly embedded 6'-0" into the drilled shaft foundations.  The foundations are reinforced and are typically 3'-0" in diameter by anywhere from 8' to 12' in length.

The Owner's representative has requested design calculations substantiating the column embedment.  Can anyone direct me to a reference for determining the fixity that can be developed this way?

M. David Finley, P.E.
2086 SW Main Boulevard - Suite 111
Lake City, FL  32025
386-752-6400