FRP Reinforcing Question

To All -
 I just finished inspecting a concrete structure reinforced with FRP rebar. We specified manufacturer supplied 90 degree bent #5 dowels as part of the design. I noticed at the corners of the bent dowels that the bar "flattens". Is this typical for FRP rebar bent dowels?

TIA,
Charlie Canitz, PE
Annapolis, MD