IBC Sec. 1605.3

First, thanks to everyone who responded to the seismic question.  Especially
thank you for agreeing with me.  :)

Now I have a new question dealing with the ASD load equations, and I think I
might be wrong on this one.  But at least I was conservative.

I was checking someone else's work, and she did not include snow loads (Pf =
25 psf) in equation16-17.  Her argument was Exception 2, which says that
snow loads less than 30 psf need not be combined with seismic.

I always took this to mean that the WEIGHT of the snow does not need to be
added to the weight of the structure used to calculate base shear.  This is
stated clearly in section 1617.4.1 paragraph 4 under the definition of "W".
However, you WOULD include snow loads on the actual beams being designed.
The fact that this exception isn't listed under the LRFD equations is an
additional argument for my side.

What say you guys?

----
Jason Kilgore