From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 12:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Article from the Chicago Sun-Times

Personally, I only listen to what Charlie has to say because he's a nice
guy, heck of an engineer and knows what he's talking about. He doesn't
need any more credence than that.

:o)

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/

<snip>

: Frankly, I'm of the opinion
:that
:most people read Charlie Carter's posts not simply because he's a
really
:nice guy and a heck of an engineer, but that he's also AISC's Chief
:Structural Engineer. And it's that latter title that adds credence to
his
:messages, not simply the accuracy of what he says.
:
:Scott Melnick
:American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc. (AISC)