Re: Seismic Design of a Garden Trellis

Yeah, these things have a tendency to fall down during a seismic event or even a good wind.   San Jose isn't too far from where Loma Preita took place.  I'll bet the architect figured the bolted connections in the wood would work as a rigid joint!!.
Is he also putting potted plants on this?

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
in zone 3