From: NDZ28(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:NDZ28(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 4:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: NEW CMU BUILDING

I'm in the process of designing a one story storage building, (CMU walls,  plywood roof diaphragm) that's fairly close (about 25') to a railroad spur. Vibration is fairly noticeable., and can last up to 10 minutes at a time. Probably a dozen or so trains go by daily. Owner is concerned with the vibration damaging masonry walls, and also I'm told vibration will deteriorate his products. Soil is a silty sand,   I'm wondering if there is any design guides to reduce possible damage to building and also what type of isolators if any can be used under these large pallet racks? Any way of isolating entire slab? or footings?
Thanks
Andy