Re: Messages

Jason and Thor:

There was a problem with the list's server about the beginning of August.
Something caused it to "flake out" and unsubscribe virtually everyone on
the list if not everyone.  It happen while Shafat was out of a town so he
did not fix it until about a week later.  The problem was so severe that
it also "killed" the archive (for those that did notice getting
unsubscribe and thus re-subscribed, the messages for about a week and a
half were not archived) for about a week and a half.

The problem has long since been fixed, but it is likely that many people
did not realize that they were unsubscribed from the list and thus have
not re-subscribed.  Overall, the traffic has definitely picked back up.
Whether or not it is to the "pre-problem" level is somewhat dependent on
the questions/topics asked...much like before the problem.  Some
topics/questions get a lot of responses cause people know the anwsers or
the topics is kind of "hot"...others not so much.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI