Wet Signing first Submittal in CA ??

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/
I KNOW a law/rule/decision was passed a couple of years ago which
stipulated that that a wet signature was not required on the first
submittal, just before plan check approval was granted, but, for the
life of me, I'm having trouble finding it on the Borpels website
(http://www.dca.ca.gov/pels/).

Anyone have the reference handy? I've got a skeptical architectural
client.

TIA,