Re: ASTM Designation for 75 ksi Steel

Matthew,

I am unaware of any structural ASTM steels with 75 ksi yields.  There is some API material in this range and I believe Trade Arbed makes some Euro steels in the 500 to 600 MPa range (72 to 87 ksi).

Try http://www.tradearbed.com/

or perhaps try calling some of the US mills directly for possible availability.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Stuart, Matthew" <mStuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>

09/16/2003 04:28 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

"'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
ASTM Designation for 75 ksi Steel

Anybody know the standard ASTM designation for 75 ksi structural steel?

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., P.Eng.
Senior Project Manager
Manalapan Structural Department
200 State Highway Nine