RE: Moment Footing w/ No Vert. Load

Aaron-

Seems like the only vertical load you have is the weight of the footing.
You need to satisfy equilibrium, i.e., summation of forces in the
vertical direction = 0.

Can't use a "flagpole" footing?

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/