Moment Footing w/ No Vert. Load

Aaron,

Is there any reason you can't drill a caisson and embed the post in the
caisson?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Aaron Moore wrote:

. > All the references I've seen for spread footings resisting moment use the
. > vertical load to calculate eccentricity.  I need to design a footing for
. > a post that will have a lateral load only (from a cable at the top).

. > Can someone describe or give reference to a methodology for this case?  I
. > plan on a rectangular footing with a pier.

. > Thanks.