RE: Wet Signing first Submittal in CA ??

In the link to Bulletin #29, it mentions that "electronically generated seals are now specifically mentioned as an acceptable form of the professional seal."

I have a question for Bill or others who submit unstamped/unsigned drawings to CA bldg. dept.'s for revew. What is the protocol for getting stamped/signed drawings to the bldg. dept. once the review is complete (because I assume that they require a final stamped/signed set)? Do you just go and stamp/sign them in person at the bldg. dept. or do you just submit entire new stamped/signed sets? I would assume that stamping the drawings at the bldg. dept. is what would be required because bldg. dept.'s tend to be so picky about inserting drawings into their sets, maintaining all their marks, approval stamps, etc.

From: "Jim Persing" <jpersing(--nospam--at)fhoarch.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Wet Signing first Submittal in CA ??
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:42:30 -0700

Bill,

It looks like you got an answer regarding Bulletin 29 but you specifically
asked about a "wet" signature. I thought that California amended their laws
quite a number of years ago that allowed the use of a reproduced
(blueprinted) signature for the final plans, although many building
departments still require it.

Is this wrong or is a "wet" signature still required on multiple sets of
plans?

Jim Persing, PE