RE: Wet Signing first Submittal in CA ??

Chris,

I don't know if this is typical or not but on the job I am currently working on we submitted drawings, unstamped/unsigned, with a revision that read "Submitted for Plan Check".  The building department reviewed the drawings and provided some minor comments.  We picked up the comments and issued another revision which was stamped and signed that read "Issued for Permit/Construction".  By the way we used electronic stamps with wet signatures on each drawing and one stamp on the front cover of the calculations.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Chris Roper" <christophermroper(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>

09/16/2003 03:00 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
RE: Wet Signing first Submittal in CA ??

In the link to Bulletin #29, it mentions that "electronically generated
seals are now specifically mentioned as an acceptable form of the
professional seal."

I have a question for Bill or others who submit unstamped/unsigned drawings
to CA bldg. dept.'s for revew.  What is the protocol for getting
stamped/signed drawings to the bldg. dept. once the review is complete
(because I assume that they require a final stamped/signed set)?  Do you
just go and stamp/sign them in person at the bldg. dept. or do you just
submit entire new stamped/signed sets?  I would assume that stamping the
drawings at the bldg. dept. is what would be required because bldg. dept.'s
tend to be so picky about inserting drawings into their sets, maintaining
all their marks, approval stamps, etc.

>From: "Jim Persing" <jpersing(--nospam--at)fhoarch.com>
>To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: RE: Wet Signing first Submittal in CA ??
>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:42:30 -0700
>
>Bill,
>
>It looks like you got an answer regarding Bulletin 29 but you specifically
>asked about a "wet" signature.  I thought that California amended their
>laws
>quite a number of years ago that allowed the use of a reproduced
>(blueprinted) signature for the final plans, although many building
>departments still require it.
>
>Is this wrong or is a "wet" signature still required on multiple sets of
>plans?
>
>Jim Persing, PE

Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.