RE: Wet Signing first Submittal in CA ??

Chris -

First of all, I always submit stamped drawings and calculations to the
building department. These are electronic stamps.

Secondly, even when I do a "masterful" job, there's always something to
change in the final submittal. Usually, the time during plan check
review is the first time the architect has a chance to review my work
and to check for interferences with his/her design. We do the fine
tuning during this period. Also, I might not have the very last detail
drawn before the deadline to submit.

I guess if things went perfectly well and the only correction to make is
to sign the drawings and calcs, the next thing I would do is to check to
see if payments are current.

No, I've never gone down to the building department to sign an approved
set of previously submitted calcs and drawings.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/