Repairing Older Concrete

Hello all,

We did an investigation in the past where an existing concrete column had some fairly severe damage due to fork lift traffic, but our work was called off because the Owner made other arrangements for facilities and a new building.  We will be doing another investigation here shortly that may involve the same type of concrete column damage.  I've got my hands on all the references I need, but I'd like to solicit some practical advice from those on the list who have dealt with this, including issues such as shrinkage, prep work, curing, etc.

TIA,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
Tulare, CA