From: Jason Kilgore [mailto:jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 4:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: elevators

I'm doing preliminary design work on a 5-story structure.  It will have a
traction (cable) elevator, which hasn't been designed yet.

Does anyone have any rules-of-thumb for preliminary elevator loads so I can
get rough sizes?  Maybe something based on square feet of elevator floor and
total number of floors?

----
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.