Delaware Association of Professional Engineers

From the DAPE Summer 2003 News Letter – “Is Licensure by Eminence for Academicians a prudent Consideration?”

Link:

http://www.dape.org/newsletter.pdf

“Why don’t they (academicians) simply take the exams like the rest of us?  Good Question. However, the exams we took were nationally normed tests that task force studies determined were a relevant indication of the minimum competency qualification in our particular field…the tests are…simply not relevant to their…background and experience.”

So the folks educating engineers don’t have a background of experience that is relevant to practicing engineers???

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., P.Eng.

Senior Project Manager

Manalapan Structural Department

200 State Highway Nine