RE: Repairing Older Concrete

Dave,

A lot of bad repairs have been done to concrete in the past.  Learn what has worked and what has not worked.  Concrete repair is not that difficult, but it is easy to get wrong.

Some suggestions:

Subscribe to the Concrete Repair Bulletin.  Check out http://www.icri.org and get their Concrete Repair Manual and look at their Technical Guidelines.

Check out: http://www.structural.net/Repair/repair_technical.html.

Sika has a lot of good information as well at: http://www.sikacanada.com/eng/constr/cat/procat.htm

Get the attached Corps of Engineers document: Engineering and Design - Evaluation and Repair of Concrete Structures at:

http://www.usace.army.mil/inet/usace-docs/eng-manuals/em1110-2-2002/toc.htm

And check out the tech notes and bulletins at: http://www.wes.army.mil/REMR/remr.html

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague