Hot water pipes in slab

Has anyone ever put a 1" hot water pipe within a elevated 9" reinforced
concrete slab?  The hot water pipe is supposed to be encased in a large
diameter pipe for insulation but as a worst case scenario we would
assume that the concrete may get hot.

I can see two possible problems:
1) Thermal expansion
2) Repeated heating and cooling of the concrete may cause cracking in
the long term.

My first reaction was that it was a bad idea, but then I thought of
those radiant heating systems that are placed on a floor and then often
covered with a cementitious topping.

Thanks in advance

Craig