From: zhoub002 [mailto:zhoub002(--nospam--at)hawaii.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 4:10 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: special inspection - anchors designed by IBC 1913?

Scott,

Putting aside the building code, I would recommend any anchors for seismic
loads need special inspection for the sake of avoiding any mistakes by the
contractors regardless what design criteria is followed for the design of
the anchors. These are the essential elements for transferring loads with
little ductility or redundancy, and deserve special attentions from
inspectors.

Just my 2 cents of engineering worth.

Bz