RE: Downdrag on cast in place drilled piers (caissons)

Typically I believe that steel sleeves are used to help maintain the shape of the drilled shaft through any loose soils until the concrete is cast, the sleeves are typically then removed. I have never seen sleeves left in place to prevent any down drag.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., P.Eng.

Senior Project Manager

Manalapan Structural Department

200 State Highway Nine