From: Chris Roper [mailto:christophermroper(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 11:58 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 2003 IBC - Importance Factor & Base Shear

Am I missing something or is the importance factor (Ie) not used in the
calculation of base shear forces?  Ie shows up in equations to calculate Fp,
but doesn't seem to be taken into account in the calculation of V.  Any
input is appreciated.

Chris

High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local
service providers in your area). Click here.   https://broadband.msn.com