RE: Question about brace design forces for columns (Thanks for the info!)

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question
about column bracing!

I didn?t even realize that the Third Edition AISC LRFD
Manual had requirements for stability bracing.

The reason my question came up was that I attended an
AISC seminar on basic design for stability in NYC last
week and I was going through my seminar notes last
night trying to absorb everything that was taught and
learn more about this subject. The NYC seminar was
presented by Dr. Joseph Yura and Dr. Todd Helwig ?
both experts in the field of structural stability.
They are both fantastic teachers and explained basic
concepts of structural stability in very easy to
understand terms.  This all-day course, taught by
recognized EXPERTS in the subject was well worth the
very reasonable $250 cost.  I?d definitely recommend
this seminar to all structural engineers ? even the
ones who already know a lot about the subject.

Cliff Schwinger